- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 45
- Preparation Time: 15
- 10oz fairly soft goat cheese like Montrachet (I use the Silver Log from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- Salt, white pepper, cayenne to taste
- 1/3 cups chopped herbs (thyme, chives, something from your garden, even scallions)
- About 45 pre-made mini phyllo shells (found in the freezer section of your grocery store)
- Combine the goat cheese, butter, cream and eggs in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until completely smooth. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne if desired. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the herbs. The filling can now be covered and chilled for a few hours if need be, or used immediately.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Arrange the frozen mini phyllo shells on a baking sheet. Spoon a dollop of the filling into each shell. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
Notes"This is my stand-by appetizer for all occasions. My kids love these, they are quick, and the filling can be made a few hours ahead. Beware – they can dry out if reheated in the oven."
--Recipe from litl employee Jana