- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 45
- Preparation Time: 15
- 10oz fairly soft goat cheese like Montrachet (I use the Silver Log from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- Salt, white pepper, cayenne to taste
- 1/3 cups chopped herbs (thyme, chives, something from your garden, even scallions)
- About 45 pre-made mini phyllo shells (found in the freezer section of your grocery store)
- Combine the goat cheese, butter, cream and eggs in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until completely smooth. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne if desired. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the herbs. The filling can now be covered and chilled for a few hours if need be, or used immediately.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Arrange the frozen mini phyllo shells on a baking sheet. Spoon a dollop of the filling into each shell. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
Notes"This is my stand-by appetizer for all occasions. My kids love these, they are quick, and the filling can be made a few hours ahead. Beware – they can dry out if reheated in the oven."
--Recipe from litl employee Jana
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More