- Cooking Time: 28-30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (20 oz) cans of pineapple chunks (drain)---reserve at least 6 tablespoons of pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cup of Ritz crackers
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 9x12 casserole dish (or medium size dish) with non stick cooking spray or use butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour, add drained pineapple chunks, stir in cheese and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into baking dish
- In a separate bowl, combine Ritz crackers (crumbled), melted butter, and the reserved pineapple juice.
- Stir until evenly blended.
- Spread mixture over the pineapple mixture.
- Bake about 28 min or until golden brown
NotesThis is my cousin Jana's recipe for Pineapple Casserole. She would always show up at our family reunions at Back Bone Rock, TN with this delicious casserole. It is a family favorite. Sometimes people will eat this as a dessert because it is sweet.
Submitted by: "AMY UTSMAN"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More