- Cooking Time: 28-30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (20 oz) cans of pineapple chunks (drain)---reserve at least 6 tablespoons of pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cup of Ritz crackers
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 9x12 casserole dish (or medium size dish) with non stick cooking spray or use butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour, add drained pineapple chunks, stir in cheese and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into baking dish
- In a separate bowl, combine Ritz crackers (crumbled), melted butter, and the reserved pineapple juice.
- Stir until evenly blended.
- Spread mixture over the pineapple mixture.
- Bake about 28 min or until golden brown
NotesThis is my cousin Jana's recipe for Pineapple Casserole. She would always show up at our family reunions at Back Bone Rock, TN with this delicious casserole. It is a family favorite. Sometimes people will eat this as a dessert because it is sweet.
Submitted by: "AMY UTSMAN"
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More