- Cooking Time: 28-30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryThis is my cousin Jana's recipe for Pineapple Casserole. She would always show up at our family reunions at Back Bone Rock, TN with this delicious casserole. It is a family favorite. Sometimes people will eat this as a dessert because it is sweet.
Submitted by: "AMY UTSMAN"
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (20 oz) cans of pineapple chunks (drain)---reserve at least 6 tablespoons of pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cup of Ritz crackers
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 9x12 casserole dish (or medium size dish) with non stick cooking spray or use butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour, add drained pineapple chunks, stir in cheese and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into baking dish
- In a separate bowl, combine Ritz crackers (crumbled), melted butter, and the reserved pineapple juice.
- Stir until evenly blended.
- Spread mixture over the pineapple mixture.
- Bake about 28 min or until golden brown