JAPANESE PINK FRIED RICE
Japanese Pink Fried Rice
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 1-cup servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups cooked white steamed rice (we prefer medium grain, non-instant)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (or more if desired)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup eggbeaters
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked meat (chicken, ham, beef, bacon, shrimp, pork, etc)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (we prefer Kikkoman)
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons oil (we prefer canola)
In large skillet or wok, pour 2 tablespoon oil. When hot, add green onions, mushrooms, and cooked meat. Stir fry until green onions are soft, then put this mixture aside in separate dish.
Next, scramble the eggs and place in another dish.
Add three tablespoon oil to the large skillet and place cooked rice in skillet. Stir fry the rice about 10 minutes on med-high heat.
To rice, add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 2 tablespoon catsup (may add more to suit your taste). Then add the rest of other ingredients - stir together and continue frying 5 more minutes.
May garnish with slivered toasted almonds;or chopped cilantro; and pickled thin sliced ginger.
(for vegetarians, omit meat)