- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons to 2 instant coffee granules
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package (12-oz.) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 recipe Java Frosting
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon to 2 instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup baking cocoa, (optional)
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
Combine water, coffee granules, sugar and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup morsels until smooth. Stir in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture. Pour into greased 9-inch-square baking pan.
Bake in preheated 350° F. oven for 18 to 25 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted
near center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Spread frosting over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with cocoa.