- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 lime wedges
- 8 to 10 fresh mint leaves, plus a small sprig for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Ice Cubes
- 3 tablespoons white rum
- 2 tablespoons cold espresso or strong coffee
- 6 to 8 ounces club soda
- Pour sugar into a small, flat dish. Moisten the rim of a chilled tall clear glass with 1 lime wedge, then dip the wet rim into the sugar.
- Rotate the glass gently to coat the rim evenly.
- Add mint leaves and lime juice to sugar remaining in the dish. Lightly crush th emint leaves with the back of a spoon, then transfer the mixture to the sugar rimmed glass.
- Fill the glass about halfway with ice cubes; add rum and espresso. Fill the glass almost to the rim with club soda; stir well. Garnish with the remaining lime wedge and a mint sprig.
- Per serving 142 calories; no fat;11g carbohydrate;9g sugar; no fiber; 41mg sodium; 14mg calcium; 77mg potassium; 14g alcohol.
NotesI got this out of the paper today...I can't wait to try it.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More