- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- Ingredients for 9” single crust or 8” double crust:
- 1-1/2 C sifted flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C lard OR 1/2 C + 2 T Crisco
- 3 T water mixed with 2 T flour
- Ingredients for 9” double crust:
- 2 C sifted flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 C lard OR 2/3 C + 2 T Crisco
- 1/4 C water mixed with 2 T flour
- Cut fat into flour.
- Mix water paste quickly through flour and press firmly into a flattened ball.
- Wrap in plastic or waxed paper.
- Refrigerate overnight, or freeze and allow to thaw in refrigerator.
- Before use bake unfilled pie crust at 450-475 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
NotesMakes one 9” single crust or 8” to 9” double crust.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More