- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- Ingredients for 9” single crust or 8” double crust:
- 1-1/2 C sifted flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C lard OR 1/2 C + 2 T Crisco
- 3 T water mixed with 2 T flour
- Ingredients for 9” double crust:
- 2 C sifted flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 C lard OR 2/3 C + 2 T Crisco
- 1/4 C water mixed with 2 T flour
- Cut fat into flour.
- Mix water paste quickly through flour and press firmly into a flattened ball.
- Wrap in plastic or waxed paper.
- Refrigerate overnight, or freeze and allow to thaw in refrigerator.
- Before use bake unfilled pie crust at 450-475 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
NotesMakes one 9” single crust or 8” to 9” double crust.
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More