- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMakes one 9” single crust or 8” to 9” double crust.
- Ingredients for 9” single crust or 8” double crust:
- 1-1/2 C sifted flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C lard OR 1/2 C + 2 T Crisco
- 3 T water mixed with 2 T flour
- Ingredients for 9” double crust:
- 2 C sifted flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 C lard OR 2/3 C + 2 T Crisco
- 1/4 C water mixed with 2 T flour
- Cut fat into flour.
- Mix water paste quickly through flour and press firmly into a flattened ball.
- Wrap in plastic or waxed paper.
- Refrigerate overnight, or freeze and allow to thaw in refrigerator.
- Before use bake unfilled pie crust at 450-475 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
All American Sloppy Joes
Crab With Ginger And Scallions
BLT SandwichSee More