- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36-48
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla OR 4 tsp favourite liqueur
- Place whipping cream and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat and stir occasionally until chocolate melts.
- Add butter and continue stirring until butter is melted. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add liqueur or vanilla. Let sit in refrigerator until hard (about eight hours or so). Scoop by rounded teaspoon and form into balls, then roll in finely chopped nuts (ground almonds are heavenly), cocoa, icing sugar, or coconut or dip in chocolate. Makes 36-48.
NotesNot only is the an excellent truffle recipe, but others have won awards with this recipe.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Castello Cheese: Unlock Your Inner Chef (Inspired by Burnt, the Film)See More
Chicken and onion kabobs
Easy Sunday Pot Roast
Shrimp Nachos with Avocado-Corn RelishSee More