- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36-48
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla OR 4 tsp favourite liqueur
- Place whipping cream and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat and stir occasionally until chocolate melts.
- Add butter and continue stirring until butter is melted. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add liqueur or vanilla. Let sit in refrigerator until hard (about eight hours or so). Scoop by rounded teaspoon and form into balls, then roll in finely chopped nuts (ground almonds are heavenly), cocoa, icing sugar, or coconut or dip in chocolate. Makes 36-48.
NotesNot only is the an excellent truffle recipe, but others have won awards with this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More