- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box of WHITE cake mix
- 1 box (small box) of Jell-o Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 box (small box) of any flavor Jell-o gelatin mix
- For decoration:
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Fresh blueberries (optional)
- Home-made whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Mix white cake mix as directed on box.
- Before putting in cake pan, add the box of vanilla pudding mix - mix thoroughly.
- Bake cake as directed.
- When cake is halfway done, start the "Quick Set" directions on the Jell-o gelatin box. Put the mixed Jell-o in the fridge until it's not watery, but not solid. Kind of the consistency of oil.
- Get cake out of the oven and using a toothpick, poke lots of little holes in the top of the the cake (while still in the pan).
- Gently pour the Jell-o over the cake, letting it seep down into the holes.
- Put the cake back in the fridge for 2-3 hours, letting the Jell-o set in the cake.
- Make up a batch of creamy homemade whipped cream to use for icing.
- Slice (thin) the strawberries...
NotesI like to make an American Flag design, using red jello and using the sliced strawberries for the red stripes, and the blueberries for the blue/white stars.
(To see a pic of a cake decorated like this go to: www.bettycrocker.com, it's on the main page!)
This cake turns out REAL moist and real light and fluffy. (it doesn't have hunks of Jello in it, it sets into the cake and makes it yummy!)