- Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- Servings: about 8
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 32 oz canned black beans, well drained and mashed
- 1 egg or egg substitute
- 1/2 med. red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 c. zucchinni, shredded
- 1/4 large red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 c. mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- pepper and natures seasoning to taste
- 1 1/2 c. oatmeal
- Mash black beans using a potato masher.
- Mix in raw egg or substitute and spices.
- Add all vegetables and mix well. Stir in oatmeal (with hands, if necessary). Shape into pattys and cook in a frying pan with oil on med. high.
- 3 minutes per side.
- Place on burger buns with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
NotesI came up with this recipe after wanting to make my own veggie burgers. I am not vegetarian, but I really enjoy them, so I decided to search the web. After looking at dozens of recipes, I decided to make my own using the knowledge I had gained. These will please anyone, even picky eaters like my husband! Feel free to add unconventional burger toppings. Raw spinach and cilantro taste great with this!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More