- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 c white cornmeal
- 1 c flour
- 2 T baking powder
- 4 T honey
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 c whole milk
- 1 T melted butter
- 1 package Nathan's Hot dogs
- Corn Dog sticks
- Peanut oil for frying
- Mix cornmeal with flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add egg, honey, milk, and butter, beat well until fluffy
- Insert stick into hot dog about half way
- Pour batter into tall glass and dip hot dog into batter
- Gently lay corn dog into 375 degree oil and fry until golden brown
- Any extra corn dogs should be fried to lighter gold, and frozen, then reheated in toaster oven at a later date.
NotesI been experimenting with wanting to make corndogs for as long as I can remember, because I wanted a corn dog with a sweet honey crust and a great hot dog in the middle
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More