JEN'S "TART" GREEN TEA FROZEN YOGURT
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup unsweetened homemade yogurt
- 1 t matcha (green tea) powder
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- Mix small amount of yogurt with tea and sugar to make smooth mixture
- Incorporate into rest of yogurt and mix well
- Pour into clear dixie cup, and put in ziplock bag, then stash in freezer,
- Set timer for 30 minutes, come back and stir mixture.
- Repeat as necessary to get to "soft serve' consistency
- If you just want to eat as "normal" frozen yogurt, you only have to come back to stir twice to break up ice crystals in yogurt.
- It is important to stir it at least twice though, unless you want frozen yogurt popsicles - the ice crystals that form are just too big.
- Another option is to use an ice cream maker, but I like having the smaller portioned out containers to eat out of,
NotesWe recently got a Pinkberry up here in NorCal, so I got to taste what all the fuss is about, and I have to say, I like it! Unfortunately, it is still over an hour drive away, so it't not something I can pop out and get.
I have started making my own yogurt, which since I didn't know really anything about - is really tart - and I have found that I can now make my own frozen yogurt at home. Of course, it is no comparison to the commercial version, it satisfies my need when I have to have it!
I'm sure you could make this with regular yogurt as well, just use the unsweetened kind to get that "tart" edge