- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 3-4 cups fresh or frozen fruit, coarsely chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup lemon or orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F and coat a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Combine flour and butter in food processor. Pulse until butter is in pea-sized clumps. Add quick oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse 3-4 times to combine.
- Toss cut fruit, sugar, flour, and lemon or orange juice in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit. Top with chopped nuts, if using.
- If you would like both a topping and a bottom crust, double the topping ingredients (except nuts and salt). Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Add nuts into second half of mixture and use as topping.
NotesI've been making tons of crisps now that spring fruits are starting to come into season. Want to make your own crisp? Follow this easy recipe:
Mix up the ingredients for different fruit combinations, for example:
Strawberries and rhubarb with walnuts
Frozen cherries, ginger, and sliced almonds
Fresh or frozen sliced peaches, blueberries, and pecans
Pears, nutmeg, and chopped hazelnuts
Plums, honey (in place of juice), and mixed nuts