- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 5-10
BackstoryMy Baking Addiction - Jennie Perillo
- 4 cups flour (18 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened (8 ounces)
- 2 cups sugar (15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate discs
- 1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- 2. Beat butter, sugar and molasses until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. 3. Beat until well mixed. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate discs.
- 4. Let sit in refrigerator overnight before baking, and may be stored this way for up to two days. Yes, I realize this is the very hard part.
- 5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with silicon mats or parchment paper.
- 6. Gently form dough into 1 1/2 to 2-inch balls and place 2 to 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes on middle rack.
- 7. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 2 more minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely if you have any will power left.