Jennifer's Black Bean Chili
Why I Love This Recipe
This is a recipe that my ex husband and i came up with. It has won a local chili cook off and friends and family beg me to cook it for them.
Originally it did not have beans in it and it is wonderful without, it all depends on the person.. if you want beans then by all means add them if not then just leave them out.
Ingredients You'll Need
* 1 lb Hamburger Meat
* 1 lb Sausage (Jimmy Dean) hot or mild
* 1 can of stewed tomatoes - drain most of the juice from one can.
* 1 can of black beans or 2 if you really like beans
* 1 small onion - chopped (optional)
* 2 small cans of tomato paste
* 1 package of chili seasoning - your choice but i use Williams brand
* 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies i like Rotel, hot or mild depending on if you like it spicy or not.
* 1 palm full of Grill Mates Montreal steak seasoning
Do not brown the meat or sausage! Throw everything into a crock pot and mix it up. Place on HIGH and put a DO NOT DISTURB!! sign on it for at least 3 hours. After cooking for about 3.5 hours make sure it is bubbling and hot. Skim the oil from the top and taste. If it’s your flavor then turn the heat down to low and simmer for about another hour. If it’s too spicy then add more stewed tomatoes or sauce. If it is not spicy enough then add jalapenos or chili flakes.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Chili