JERK SHRIMP KABOBS
- Servings: 2
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of dry jamaican jerk spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs of uncooked peeled deveined large
- 12 pieces fresh pineapple, 1 inch
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 16 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Heat coal or gas grill for direct heat.
Mix oil, jerk seasoning and salt in large bowl, add shrimp, pineapple and bell pepper, toss to coat.
Thread shrimp, pineapple,and bell pepper alternately on each of four 12 to 15 inch skewers, leaving 1/4 inch space between each piece, mix the preserves and lime juice, and set aside.
Cover and grill kabobs 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 4 minutes turn kabobs and brush with the preserve mixture. Cover and grill 4 to 8 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink and firm.