- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of dry jamaican jerk spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs of uncooked peeled deveined large
- 12 pieces fresh pineapple, 1 inch
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 16 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Heat coal or gas grill for direct heat.
- Mix oil, jerk seasoning and salt in large bowl, add shrimp, pineapple and bell pepper, toss to coat.
- Thread shrimp, pineapple,and bell pepper alternately on each of four 12 to 15 inch skewers, leaving 1/4 inch space between each piece, mix the preserves and lime juice, and set aside.
- Cover and grill kabobs 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 4 minutes turn kabobs and brush with the preserve mixture. Cover and grill 4 to 8 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink and firm.
NotesThis is great served with a bed of cooked white rice, with black bean salad and fresh fruit. A fast and great summer meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More