- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pint (2 cups) of milk (I prefer the 2%)
- 1 box elbow macaroni (Meullers)
- 1 bag (2 cups) shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Couple of slices of white bread.
- Prejeat over to 375, butter/grease a 13x9 baking dish
- Cook the macaroni about 6-7 minutes and drain.
- Take 2 tablespoons of butter and melt in that pan, add the 2 tbs
- of flour (a whisk is best for this part) and then add the milk. You will
- cook that a few minutes until it starts to get thicker, almost to a boil.
- At this point, keep whisking and then add a coupld shakes of salt and pepper, I also shake in a bit of garlic powder (2 shakes) and Nature's Seasoning. Then, once mixture is thinkened, throw in the
- cheese, saving about a handful for later. Once the cheese is all melted, just throw in the noodles. This is a good time to taste test and see if it needs anything
- Toast a few pieces of bread, then cut into small cubes and then pan fry with the other 2 tbs of butter until brown and butter has coated the bread crumbs/
- Pour the noodles into a buttered baking pan (13x9) and top with the remaining cheese and then the buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
NotesMy friend Jevita made this dish for a get-together and it was soooooo good!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More