- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 5 apples, diced in large pieces
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Set oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan
- Filling: Mix apple pieces, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cake: Combine the wet ingredients.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to wet.
- Batter will be thick.
- Add half the batter to pan. Add half the apples.
- Add the other half of batter and top with the apples. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- NOTE: If making in those foil loaf pans (3), bake for only 55 minutes.
NotesThis is Carolee's Famous apple cake from Aunt Fern. This is a keeper!!
12 servings, 1 3/4 hours total, 15 min prep
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More