- Cooking Time: 1.5 hours
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 6-8 large Macintosh apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a large tube pan.
- Mix first 8 ingredients until smooth.
- Peel apples and cut into 1/8" slices.
- Mix cinnamon with 5-6 tbsp. sugar.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into pan, top with 1/2 of apples, then 1/2 of sugar.
- Repeat with remainder.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool 1 hour.
NotesI received this recipe from a previous coworker of mine who used to be an assistant pastry chef. He had made it for an office party and it was just that delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More