- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.; grease and flour a 9 X 13-inch baking dish (I used nonstick cooking spray).
- Combine 2 1/2 cups of flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat the 3/4 cup of butter/margarine and 1 1/4 cups of sugar with electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy (mixture should be noticeably lighter in color).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next; beat in the vanilla.
- Pour in flour mixture alternately with the sour cream mixing until just incorporated (batter will be thick); pour into prepared pan.
- For Topping:
- Mix 1/4 cup of butter/margarine, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until it resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire rack.
NotesThis is a recipe that originally came from a Jewish nursing home and has a buttery cinnamon topping! I found it on Allrecipes and was submitted by Suzanne.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More