- Cooking Time: 20 MINUTES
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 25MINUTES
- 6 large potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- a little onion juice, optional
- 1. Peel six large potatoes and soak several hours in cold water; grate, drain, and for every pint allow two eggs, about one tablespoon of flour, one-half teaspoon of salt, a little pepper; a little onion juice may be added if so desired.
- 2. Beat eggs well and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- 3. Drop by spoonfuls on a hot greased spider in small cakes. Turn and brown on both sides.
- 4. Serve with apple sauce.
- 5. When eggs are very expensive the cakes can be made with one egg. When required for a meat meal, the pancakes may be fried in drippings; the edges will be much more crisp than when fried in butter, which burns so readily.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More