- Cooking Time: 15-25
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- half a chicken, cut into chunks
- half a cup of shredded fresh ginger root
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. cooking wine
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- half a tbsp, sugar
- 1 Blanch the chicken in boiling water for 30 secs., clean by rinsing with cold water and set aside
- 2 Stir-fry shredded ginger in the oil, add the chicken, the soy sauce, cooking wine and sugar
- 3 Keep frying untill the chicken is half done.
- 4 Turn to low heat and stew for about 10 to 20 minutes pending the size of the chicken chunks
NotesA simple dish, I've had many times, but never knew exactly how to prepare. Just a few months ago I saw in an issue of China Today a recipe that reminded me of it. And after trying it out, it is almost as the dish I have had so often. The only difference between the Jiangsi ji as I remembered it and the recipe below is that they seem to have omitted the red chili. But you can put that in if you like.