- Cooking Time: 15-25
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5-10
BackstoryA simple dish, I've had many times, but never knew exactly how to prepare. Just a few months ago I saw in an issue of China Today a recipe that reminded me of it. And after trying it out, it is almost as the dish I have had so often. The only difference between the Jiangsi ji as I remembered it and the recipe below is that they seem to have omitted the red chili. But you can put that in if you like.
- half a chicken, cut into chunks
- half a cup of shredded fresh ginger root
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. cooking wine
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- half a tbsp, sugar
- 1 Blanch the chicken in boiling water for 30 secs., clean by rinsing with cold water and set aside
- 2 Stir-fry shredded ginger in the oil, add the chicken, the soy sauce, cooking wine and sugar
- 3 Keep frying untill the chicken is half done.
- 4 Turn to low heat and stew for about 10 to 20 minutes pending the size of the chicken chunks