- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 4 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons pure vegetable oil
- 2 (8oz.) or 1 (15oz.) can Hunt's tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix beef, rice, onion and seasonings.
- Form into 1-inch meatballs.
- Brown lightly on all sides in oil in 10-inch skillet, drain fat.
- Add Hunt's sauce and water.
- Mix well.
- Simmer about 20 minutes.
NotesThis is an old recipe, different from the ones I have seen lately that call for Rice a Roni.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Cole Family Cookbook 2015See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More