- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 4 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons pure vegetable oil
- 2 (8oz.) or 1 (15oz.) can Hunt's tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix beef, rice, onion and seasonings.
- Form into 1-inch meatballs.
- Brown lightly on all sides in oil in 10-inch skillet, drain fat.
- Add Hunt's sauce and water.
- Mix well.
- Simmer about 20 minutes.
NotesThis is an old recipe, different from the ones I have seen lately that call for Rice a Roni.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More