- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3 c. Jiffy baking mix (NOT cake mix)
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/3 c. milk
- 4 Tbls. oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients on high speed for 1 minute.
- Pour evenly into 2 greased cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
NotesThis is the fastest, most versatile cake recipe ever. My great-grandmother used it first; it probably came off the box! It has since become the base for many, many cakes in our family's repertoire. I'm sure it is the same story in lots of families! This is the basic vanilla version, but it dresses up easily!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More