- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3 c. Jiffy baking mix (NOT cake mix)
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/3 c. milk
- 4 Tbls. oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients on high speed for 1 minute.
- Pour evenly into 2 greased cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
NotesThis is the fastest, most versatile cake recipe ever. My great-grandmother used it first; it probably came off the box! It has since become the base for many, many cakes in our family's repertoire. I'm sure it is the same story in lots of families! This is the basic vanilla version, but it dresses up easily!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More