- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5 min
BackstoryA simple salad that goes well with many meals, especially italian ones!
Feel free to add other grated veggies (rabioles, cabbage or carrots) and even fruits (sliced apples or pears, fresh raspberries or pomegranate seeds). Hey, you can also try adding roasted nuts!
When I make it, I often add 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard to the vinaigrette and it tastes great too! FYI, this is also delicious with a simple balsamic-oil vinaigrette.
- JIM'S SWEET VINAIGRETTE
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 1/2 cups of arugula (you can also make it 1/2 arugula, 1/2 spinach or lettuce)
- 1/2 cup of pecan nuts
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- Mix all vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar. Close the lid and shake until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together in a large festive bowl. Lightly dress with the vinaigrette dressing.