- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 sweet peppers (red and/or green), cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil (ex.: sunflower, safflower, canola)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2-3 Kale leaves, cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick
- 1 pattypan squash or zucchini, diced in large pieces
- 1 block firm tofu, cut in cubes or rectangles
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 (14-oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Thai basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Sambal olek (to taste, optional)
- Sauté bell peppers and onion in oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until edges of vegetables are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat a little and stir in garlic, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add kale and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pattypan squash or zucchini, tofu, Thai green curry paste and coconut milk.
- Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until carrots are almost tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add salt. Uncover, until sauce slightly thickens. Stir in Thai basil.
- Taste and adjust seasoning (add sambal olek if using).
NotesThis is a recipe that Jim makes when we don't have much time on our hands. We simply throw in any veggie we happen to have. Serve it over rice and dinner is ready.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Peppermint Crumb Squares
Chicken with Green Olives
Festive Candied YamsSee More