- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 lbs white button mushrooms, sliced lengthwise
- 8 T butter
- 1/8 t liquid smoke
- 1/4 c worcestershire sauce
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 t pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms in the butter until brown.
- Make sure when you first put them in the skillet, leave them alone - don't mess with them or they won't brown, they will boil.
- Add liquid smoke, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until all sauce is absorbed by the mushrooms
- Add salt and pepper to taste if needed
NotesI had never even heard of liquid smoke until these mushrooms were made for me - they are great alone or as a side dish. I have still never come across anything like them anywhere else.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More