- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-9 Dz.
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pkgs. (16 oz. each) Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 16 oz. (4 cups) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Form into 1� balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet; bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with cocktail forks or toothpicks.
- May be prepared ahead and frozen uncooked (don't do what i did and toss them all into a large zip lock bag. Its almost impossible to defrost a wad of sausage balls! LOL). To bake from frozen: thaw on baking sheet 15 minutes; bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Variation: for firmer texture, add 3 cups baking mix and 2 cups shredded cheese to the ingredients listed above.
NotesI had these at a gathering and loved them. The hostess gave me the recipe but had mixed up the amounts. (I hate when people do that so they're the only ones who can make it right). Well, I found the correct recipe on the Jimmy Dean website. These are also great for a breakfast gathering.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
MetroCooking DC 2013
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Baked Baby Reds
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Blue Cheese DressingSee More