- Cooking Time: 70
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 (16 ounce) package Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup thin-sliced green onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink. In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt; stir well.
- Distribute half the bread evenly in a buttered 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with half the pepper, half the cheese, half the sausage and half of each optional ingredient. Repeat layering using remaining bread, pepper, cheese, sausage and optional ingredients. Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes, or until eggs are set. Tent with foil if top begins to brown too quickly.
- may be assembled ahead and refrigerated up to 12 hours before baking
NotesFrom Jimmy Dean's kitchen. Breakfast is a breeze with this all in one breakfast casserole that has sausage, eggs, cheese, bread. If you like, add tomatoes and mushrooms too.
may be assembled ahead and refrigerated up to 12 hours before baking
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Delicious Bahamian Recipes
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More