JIMMY DEAN SAUSAGE CHEESE BALLS
Jimmy Dean Sausage Cheese Balls
- Servings: 6-9 Dz.
- 2 pkgs. (16 oz. each) Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 16 oz. (4 cups) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Form into 1� balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet; bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with cocktail forks or toothpicks.
May be prepared ahead and frozen uncooked (don't do what i did and toss them all into a large zip lock bag. Its almost impossible to defrost a wad of sausage balls! LOL). To bake from frozen: thaw on baking sheet 15 minutes; bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Variation: for firmer texture, add 3 cups baking mix and 2 cups shredded cheese to the ingredients listed above.