- Cooking Time: 2 to 3 hours
- Servings: Approximately 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups dry Lentils
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 handful bagged spinach, chopped
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 sprinkle of dry parseley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 bay leaf
- sprinkle of basil (or 2TBS fresh basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayene pepper
- 7 1/3 cups broth
- ground pepper
In a large pot, combnie all meaured ingredients. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for approximately 2 to 3 hours*. Add the ground pepper to taste.
*If you allow it to simmer too long, the moisture will vanish.
It's sodium free and virtually moistureless (so add approximately 1 cup of water, when warming it up on the stove.) Anyway, I wanted to make some soup, and this classic recipe was the one, for which I had everything needed.
Note: If there appears to be two of this recipe, it's because I had to re-log in in order to submit it, then start over, to complete the process.