- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 medium onions, chopped
- 20 to 40 ounces ground turkey*
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup beef broth ( I find it's not needed, if I use seasoned ground turkey)
- 3 heaping tablespoons plain yogurt (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- (If you use seasoned ground meat,
- you can forgo the salt and pepper. It's still delicious!)
- Heat the oil in a medium or larger sillet or frying pan over medium or higher heat; add the oinons and saute, stirring frequently, until browned, approximately 15 mintues.
- In a large bowl, combine the onons, the meat and the remaining ingredients. Stir until blended well.
- Put into your pirog and enjoy it!
- Note: this meat fililng can be used in other recieps, too. Your friends and family members will beg you for the recipe!
NotesThis filing is for the Pirog. It's a savory filling. For convenience, you can make extra filling and freeze it.
Note: this meat fililng can be used in other recipes, too. Your friends and family members will beg you for the recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Growers' Giveback Potluck
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More