- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 medium onions, chopped
- 20 to 40 ounces ground turkey*
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup beef broth ( I find it's not needed, if I use seasoned ground turkey)
- 3 heaping tablespoons plain yogurt (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- (If you use seasoned ground meat,
- you can forgo the salt and pepper. It's still delicious!)
- Heat the oil in a medium or larger sillet or frying pan over medium or higher heat; add the oinons and saute, stirring frequently, until browned, approximately 15 mintues.
- In a large bowl, combine the onons, the meat and the remaining ingredients. Stir until blended well.
- Put into your pirog and enjoy it!
- Note: this meat fililng can be used in other recieps, too. Your friends and family members will beg you for the recipe!
NotesThis filing is for the Pirog. It's a savory filling. For convenience, you can make extra filling and freeze it.
Note: this meat fililng can be used in other recipes, too. Your friends and family members will beg you for the recipe!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Babette's Test Kitchen
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More