- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 7
- Preparation Time:
- 1 recipe for yeast dough
- 1/4 cup fine dry, unflavored bread crumbs
- 1 recipe meat filling
- 1 large egg yolk, abused (I mean beaten ) with 1 teaspoon milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 inch pie pan*.
- Divide dough into two balls.
- ON a floured surface, roll out with a floured rolling pin, the first of the balls, to the a flat circle.
- Sprinkle the dough with the crumbs and spread the meat fililng evenly over the crumbs.
- Roll out second ball into a flat circle, and place it on top. Seal the edges and brush it with egg wash. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the center of rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, cutting into wedges to be served along side some rice.
- Serves approximatley 7.
NotesPirog derives from the Russian word pir, meaning feast. Not suprisingly, the dish is the Russian party food par excellence.
My recipe, here, makes a round meat pie, instead of the traditional rectangle.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More