- Cooking Time: 45 min
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 25 min
- 6 ounces garlic-flavored croutons
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and broken
- 3 whole cloves garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 18 ounces ground chuck
- 18 ounces ground sirloin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a food processor bowl, combine croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and thyme.
- Pulse until the mixture is of a fine texture.
- Place this mixture into a large bowl.
- Combine the onion, carrot, garlic, and red pepper in the food processor bowl.
- Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Combine the vegetable mixture, ground sirloin, and ground chuck with the bread crumb mixture.
- Season the meat mixture with the kosher salt.
- Add the egg and combine thoroughly, but avoid squeezing the meat.
- Pack this mixture into a 10-inch loaf pan to mold the shape of the meatloaf.
- Onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, turn the meatloaf out of the pan onto the center of the tray.
- Insert a temperature probe at a 45 degree angle into the top of the meatloaf.
- Avoid touching the bottom of the tray with the probe. Set the probe for 155 degrees.
- Combine the catsup, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and honey.
- Brush the glaze onto the meatloaf after it has been cooking for about 10 minutes
NotesJust a great Sunday meal I like to make with my granddaughter's.
Submitted by: "slowhanddave"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More