JOJO'S SWEETHEARTS BROWNIE BITES
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- One batch of standard brownie batter (I used a box, but you can make your favorite from scratch recipe)
- Zest of one tangerine
- 1 cup dark fondue chocolate (or candy melts)
- Pink, white, and red nonpareils
- Red sweethearts
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease a 9x13 inch glass pan and line with parchment paper to create a sling. Stir zest into brownie batter.
Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Remove from pan to a cutting board when completely cooled.
Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out brownies. Set aside.
In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate.
Using a fork*, dip brownies into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Lay on a wire rack** and decorate with nonpareils and sweethearts. You need to do this step quickly as the chocolate sets as soon as it cools! Continue for each brownie.
Allow chocolate to set for 15 minutes before packaging.
* I don't spear the brownies with a fork, I lay them flat on top of the tines. It lets all the extra chocolate drip off, and they slide off the fork easily.
** I don't use wax paper for this because I hate when little pools of chocolate harden around the bottom of a treat. It ruins it. This way any excess drips off, and I can just pop the cooled bites off by pushing them up from underneath the rack with my fingers. Yes, you'll get a little wire mark in the bottom, but it's better than a puddle!