- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- One batch of standard brownie batter (I used a box, but you can make your favorite from scratch recipe)
- Zest of one tangerine
- 1 cup dark fondue chocolate (or candy melts)
- Pink, white, and red nonpareils
- Red sweethearts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch glass pan and line with parchment paper to create a sling. Stir zest into brownie batter.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan to a cutting board when completely cooled.
- Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out brownies. Set aside.
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate.
- Using a fork*, dip brownies into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Lay on a wire rack** and decorate with nonpareils and sweethearts. You need to do this step quickly as the chocolate sets as soon as it cools! Continue for each brownie.
- Allow chocolate to set for 15 minutes before packaging.
- * I don't spear the brownies with a fork, I lay them flat on top of the tines. It lets all the extra chocolate drip off, and they slide off the fork easily.
- ** I don't use wax paper for this because I hate when little pools of chocolate harden around the bottom of a treat. It ruins it. This way any excess drips off, and I can just pop the cooled bites off by pushing them up from underneath the rack with my fingers. Yes, you'll get a little wire mark in the bottom, but it's better than a puddle!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More