- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 18 whole cloves
- 6 (4-inch) sticks cinnamon
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen grape juice concentrate, undiluted
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- In a cheescloth bag, tie the cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Combine spice bag with the grape juice concentrate, water, sugar, and allspice in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 6 1/2 cups
NotesAlthough I haven't tried this yet, it seems like the non-alcoholic version of a hot spiced wine beverage, found in an old Southern Living Annual Recipes Book.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More