- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 18 whole cloves
- 6 (4-inch) sticks cinnamon
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen grape juice concentrate, undiluted
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- In a cheescloth bag, tie the cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Combine spice bag with the grape juice concentrate, water, sugar, and allspice in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 6 1/2 cups
NotesAlthough I haven't tried this yet, it seems like the non-alcoholic version of a hot spiced wine beverage, found in an old Southern Living Annual Recipes Book.