- Cooking Time: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time: 120
BackstoryHere's a recipe I begged my friend/coworker for. He always kept it a secret whenever he brought these glorious cookies in. He finally gave them to me as a parting gift when I left the department at work. These cookies are a hit any time of year and can be made festive with food coloring and sprinkles.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- See Frosting Recipe
- Cream margarine and sugar well.
- Add vanilla and eggs; combine well.
- In separate bowl, sift the baking powder, salt and flour. Add to wet ingredients slowly until thoroughly combined.
- Cookie dough must be chilled until firm, or overnight.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll out to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- With cookie cutters or rim of drinking glass, cut out cookies.
- Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, depending on oven. Check often to prevent over cooking or burning. Cool on baking rack when done.
- Meanwhile, prepare frosting. It's a MUST for these cookies! (go all the way or not at all,lol)