- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Your Favorite Chicken Marinade Mix
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 2 Jalapeños, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 2 Cans Great Northern White Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 14oz. Whole-Kernel Sweet Corn
- 28oz. Chopped Tomatoes with Juice or Picante Sauce
- 8oz. Tomato Sauce
- 6oz. Tomato Paste
- Cilantro, Chopped
- Marinade chicken per directions on marinade. Grill chicken on medium-high heat until cooked through. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet. Add Onion, Peppers, Cumin, Chili Powder, Cayenne, and Black Pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a 6-Quart slow cooker. Add Broth, Beans, Tomatoes, and Tomato Paste. (For added flavor a Picante Sauce can be used in place of the chopped tomatoes). Cover and cook on LOW for 7 Hours (or HIGH for 4 Hours).
- Shred chicken and add to chili. Cook on HIGH for 30 additional minutes. Stir in Lime Juice and Cilantro and Serve
NotesThis recipe really just came from a simple internet search. I had gotten tired of the standard beef chili that I was used to eating, so I decided to go searching for some sort of Chicken Chili. After doing some looking through Google, I found this recipe titled Grilled Chicken Chili and it looked really good to me. I printed out the recipe and made just a few minor tweaks to it before trying it out the first time. Rather than just subjecting myself to trying it out, I decided to fix it one weekend for my parents. After taking our first bites it was an instant hit and we have made it several times since then.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More