- Cooking Time: 40 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 500 mls milk
- 3 slices of buttered bread cut into fingers
- a good handful of sultanas
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Beat eggs and sugar in the baking dish, add sultanas and milk.
- Place buttered bread in the custard and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place dish in a pan of water so that it reaches half way up the side of the baking dish.
- Bake at 200 degrees for about 40 minutes or until set.
NotesFrom a wonderful neighbour. This is her mother's recipe and is by far the best Bread and Butter Pudding I have made.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Italian Exchange
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More