- Cooking Time: 40 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 500 mls milk
- 3 slices of buttered bread cut into fingers
- a good handful of sultanas
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Beat eggs and sugar in the baking dish, add sultanas and milk.
- Place buttered bread in the custard and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place dish in a pan of water so that it reaches half way up the side of the baking dish.
- Bake at 200 degrees for about 40 minutes or until set.
NotesFrom a wonderful neighbour. This is her mother's recipe and is by far the best Bread and Butter Pudding I have made.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Simple Homemade Favorites
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More