- Cooking Time: 40 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 500 mls milk
- 3 slices of buttered bread cut into fingers
- a good handful of sultanas
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Beat eggs and sugar in the baking dish, add sultanas and milk.
- Place buttered bread in the custard and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place dish in a pan of water so that it reaches half way up the side of the baking dish.
- Bake at 200 degrees for about 40 minutes or until set.
NotesFrom a wonderful neighbour. This is her mother's recipe and is by far the best Bread and Butter Pudding I have made.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More