- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 6 squares (6 ounces) semi sweet chocolate 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick)butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 squares (4 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- Set oven to 325.
- Use microwavable bowl.
- Put all chocolate and butter in bowl and microwave until melted.(takes about 2 minutes at 30 second intervals so it doesn't burn.
- After each 30 sec interval take bowl out and stir up mixture then place back in microwave for the next interval.
- Once melted, add sugar.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time and then vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly mix the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Then add nuts.
- The mixture will be wetter than traditionally cookie mixes and that is ok.
- Put on un-greased cookie sheet but leave a bit of room to spread.
- Each cookie should be a good teaspoon in size. Bake for 12 minutes.
- DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Let set on cookie sheet about 5 minutes (no longer) then remove to wire rack.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes about 3 dozen.
- I will be making these in a week or two and I will post a picture then. I usually do some of the recipe without nuts for those who do not like them, however, most of the time even the people who think they do not want the nuts will like them better with vs. without.
NotesThis is my Mom's recipe once you start eating these you can't stop! Anytime I make these there never seems to be enough for the crowd...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More