- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 7
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 ½ cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup dried cherries-chopped/or other dried fruit like cranberries etc.
- 1/3 cup celery chopped fine
- 1/3 cup chopped apple
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (toasted in oven)
- ½ cup lite mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread pecans or walnuts on Reynolds Parchment Paper on a cookie sheet.
- Toast them in the oven until just lightly browned.
- Cool completely before adding to other ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, cherries, celery, apple and toasted nuts. In another bowl combine mayo, buttermilk, salt and pepper.
- Add to chicken mixture to the buttermilk mixture and mix well.
- Serve on crackers or make sandwiches or eat it plain.
NotesI got this recipe out of a Taste of Home magazine. I was on Weight Watchers Diet at the time so I adapted it to eat on Weight Watchers. I figured out the points for the diet to be 5 point per serving. I love Chicken Salad and have always like fruity recipes with nuts. This one sounded perfect. I made it several times and then decided to try toasting the nuts. It really made a difference in how great it tasted. I have given this recipe to many of my friends who continue to make it too. I have added it to my master list of great recipes to use again and again. We eat it all the time now whether we are on a diet or not.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More