- Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours
- Servings: 6 Large Bowls
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 3 med onions, chopped thinly
- 8 med potatoes, diced a bit large
- 1 small bag baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 clutch celery, chopped thinly
- 1 C flour
- 5 Tbs veg oil
- Garlic to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- 2 pinches thyme
- 8 C water
- 10 beef boullion cubes
- Put oil in large skillet on med heat.
- Flour stew meat and salt and pepper as you brown on ALL sides.
- In large stock/stew pot, add water, boullion, and a dash of chefs bouquet and bring to a boil.
- Add meat, onions, carrots, celery, and spices to taste.
- Boil 5 minutes, then reduce to a simmer and cover for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- After an hour the meat should be tender.
- Add potatoes and cook, covered, until they are soft and taking on color of broth.
- If needed add enough water/cornstarch mixture to thicken (should not need much).
- Allow to simmer, uncovered, another 10 minutes.
- Serves 6 large bowls.
NotesMy friend Jules, sent me her recipe for Beef Stew, but since she is such a Pooh fan, and it is her nickname, her family changed the name to Pooh Stew.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce