- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 lb. softened butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups rice krispies or corn flakes
- 1 1/2 bags (12 oz ea)chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix together sugars with butter, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Add salt and baking soda to flour and stir into sugar mixture.
- Then add and mix into dough each remaining ingredient one at a time.
- Refrigerate dough 1-2 hours.
- Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake approximately 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Yields 10-12 dozen cookies, depending on how many dough testers you have at your house
NotesThis cookie is delicious, with many flavors and textures. I've put my own twist on a recipe that has ciculated through church circles here for years. They are called dishpan cookies since most bowls are not big enough to hold all the ingredients.