JUMBO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (WITH WALNUTS)
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Walnuts)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pound(s) (4 sticks) butter or margerine, softened
- 1 package(s) (16-ounce) brown sugar (light brown, soft - not packed)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar (white sugar)
- 2 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 package(s) (12-ounce) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag(s) (16-ounce) chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In very large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat eggs 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; beat in butter, sugars, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and walnuts (mixture will be very stiff).
Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough by level 1/3 cups (or use 21/2-inch ice cream scoop), 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake cookies 23 to 26 minutes or until golden around the edges, rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
Repeat with remaining dough, reusing the same parchment. Store your cookies in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 3 months.
Serving size = 1 cookie
Chocolate Chip Jumbos
From Good Housekeeping
triple-tested at the Good Housekeeping Research Institute
Just remember that one of these jumbos is equivalent to six regular-size cookies, so be sure you share! - Sharon Franke, kitchen appliances and technology director