- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 24 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 5 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut and chips. Shape 3 tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball; repeat with remaining dough.
- Place balls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating if desired; stir until smooth. Dip one end of cooled cookies in candy coating. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
NotesThese gourmet cookies are my most asked for recipe. Chock-full of coconut and chocolate chips and dipped in white candy coating, they are truly a chocolate-lover's delight.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More