- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 pound of penne pasta (I used whole wheat pasta, but use what you like)
- 1 pound of jumbo shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh mint, rinsed and dried
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil, rinsed and dried
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a medium skilled set to medium heat, put in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. 2. Pour the pine nuts into the skillet and stir until lightly toasted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta,drain and set aside.
- 4. Put the basil and mint leaves into the base of the food processor. Add the 3 garlic cloves, pine nuts, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- 5. Turn on the food processor and "pulse" until you get the consistency you like.
- 6. Add the grated parmesan and pulse once more. Then add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- 7. In a large skillet, put in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add 1 garlic clove, sliced very thin. Stir until the garlic begins to cook a bit (about 2 minutes). 8. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until they are done, about 5 minutes. Stir in the peas and and add it all to the pasta and mix well.
- 9. Serve with additional freshly grated parmesan cheese.
NotesFresh mint adds a lovely taste to pesto.
Served with jumbo shrimp over penne pasta and freshly grated parmesan cheese and you've got a winner!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Simple Homemade Favorites
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More