Jumbo Shrimp with Mint Basil Pesto
Why I Love This Recipe
Fresh mint adds a lovely taste to pesto.
Served with jumbo shrimp over penne pasta and freshly grated parmesan cheese and you've got a winner!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 pound of penne pasta (I used whole wheat pasta, but use what you like)
1 pound of jumbo shrimp
1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh mint, rinsed and dried
2 cups loosely packed fresh basil, rinsed and dried
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup peas
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium skilled set to medium heat, put in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. 2. Pour the pine nuts into the skillet and stir until lightly toasted. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta,drain and set aside.
4. Put the basil and mint leaves into the base of the food processor. Add the 3 garlic cloves, pine nuts, olive oil and salt and pepper.
5. Turn on the food processor and "pulse" until you get the consistency you like.
6. Add the grated parmesan and pulse once more. Then add a little salt and pepper to taste.
7. In a large skillet, put in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add 1 garlic clove, sliced very thin. Stir until the garlic begins to cook a bit (about 2 minutes). 8. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until they are done, about 5 minutes. Stir in the peas and and add it all to the pasta and mix well.
9. Serve with additional freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: