- Cooking Time: 35 - 45
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 - 15
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 X-large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (conventional oven, if you use a convection oven - lower the temp and time by 25%)
- Spray a 12" cast iron skillet with non stick spray and preheat it in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the first five ingredients and mix until the eggs are all incorporated.
- Add the last four ingredients and whisk until just incorporated.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and pour the batter into the skillet (it should start to form a crust immediately).
- bake in the preheated 375 degree oven for 35 - 45 minutes or until the center bounces back when you touch it.
NotesI love cornbread...I mean I really love cornbread...I wanted an easy recipe that I could make in a short period of time any time I wanted to.
Then I decided to make it just for me...I use butter not oil, I use buttermilk not 2% milk, I use sour cream in my recipe and I cook it in a 12" cast iron skillet, that's how I roll :)
Short & Sweet
AMFC Clamily Cook Book
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More