- Cooking Time: 35 - 45
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 - 15
BackstoryI love cornbread...I mean I really love cornbread...I wanted an easy recipe that I could make in a short period of time any time I wanted to.
Then I decided to make it just for me...I use butter not oil, I use buttermilk not 2% milk, I use sour cream in my recipe and I cook it in a 12" cast iron skillet, that's how I roll :)
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 X-large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (conventional oven, if you use a convection oven - lower the temp and time by 25%)
- Spray a 12" cast iron skillet with non stick spray and preheat it in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the first five ingredients and mix until the eggs are all incorporated.
- Add the last four ingredients and whisk until just incorporated.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and pour the batter into the skillet (it should start to form a crust immediately).
- bake in the preheated 375 degree oven for 35 - 45 minutes or until the center bounces back when you touch it.