- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 96
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dry cornflakes cereal
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sifted powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 325F.
- Cream together the butter or margarine, white and brown sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg to blend.
- Add vegetable oil, stirring until the oil is well-blended.
- Add rolled oats, dry cornflakes cereal, flaked coconut and chopped pecans.
- Stir until mixed.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie or baking sheets.
- Using a fork dipped in water, flatten each cookie dough ball. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes on cookie or baking sheets, before cooling completely on wire racks. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.
- Makes 8 dozen
NotesGenerally, I don't like coconut. However, when I bought these cookies at a local church bake sale, I knew that I HAD to have the recipe. They are so delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Lau Family Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More