- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 96
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dry cornflakes cereal
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sifted powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 325F.
- Cream together the butter or margarine, white and brown sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg to blend.
- Add vegetable oil, stirring until the oil is well-blended.
- Add rolled oats, dry cornflakes cereal, flaked coconut and chopped pecans.
- Stir until mixed.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie or baking sheets.
- Using a fork dipped in water, flatten each cookie dough ball. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes on cookie or baking sheets, before cooling completely on wire racks. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.
- Makes 8 dozen
NotesGenerally, I don't like coconut. However, when I bought these cookies at a local church bake sale, I knew that I HAD to have the recipe. They are so delicious!
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More