- Cooking Time: 25 minutes max
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 3 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 package of Seitan, strips ( I tried WestSoy)
- 3 teaspoon of vegan Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon of Adobo
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper ( I made mine w/out)
- 4 slices of vegan provolone cheese. You can substitute with vegan mozarella.
- 4 whole wheat hot dog buns
- 1 cup of vegan marinara sauce
- Chop up onions and slice the peppers into thin slices. Heat 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil in a skillet or big sauce pan. Throw in the onions and the peppers until onions are translucent. You can brown the veggies and add the chopped cloves, 1 teaspon of olive oil (optional) and the Seitan strips. Pour Worcestershire sauce over veggies and Seitan strips. Add 1 teaspoon of Adobo. Cook about 7 minutes and stir. You can try the Seitan to see if it's fully cooked. Once cooked add the vegan marinara sauce and stir. After a 20 seconds of stirring lay the vegan provolone cheese on top of the Seitan and veggie combination. Keep stove top on low. Once cheese is melted to your liking add to the wheat hot dog buns.
NotesI'm a meat lover taking it over to the other side. I found myself wanting to explore a vegan lifestyle. This recipe was inspired by Kathy Freston.
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More