- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Backstory"Someone was looking for recipes that use any kind of soda on another recipe board that I frequent. It reminded me of a recipe my Grandma K. used to make just about every Easter. I'd forgotten all about it and when I pulled it out to share, it brought back a ton of nostalgic memories and reminded me of just how much I miss my Grandma K. and all of her wonderful recipes! I think every time we walked into her house she was cooking up some delectable goodie!! And when she came for a visit? She would always, always, always find her way into the kitchen to do that which she enjoyed most - cooking for whomever!!! :O) So, I decided I should share her recipe in here as well. It really is a very yummy salad and I'm going to change my mind on the salad I'm going to contribute to our very small Easter dinner with mom and dad. Wonder what Dad will say when he sees this salad. It was his mother who used to make it! - Enjoy!"
- 1 pkg. lime jell-o
- 1 c. 7-Up; bring to a boil
- 8 large marshmallows; melt in the jell-o
- 1 c. cold 7-Up
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- Bring 7-Up to boil. Add jell-o. Stir until dissolved. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Beat whipping cream; add cream cheese and beat well. Add cold 7-Up and the cream cheese mixture to the hot mixture. Chill. Stir in pineapple. Chill 'til set!