- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (I use Swans Down)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 6 pcs large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter, cooled slightly
- 1 tablespoon kalamansi (native lemon) juice, about 2 large kalamansi or 1 sachet frozen-kalamansi juice, thawed
- grated zest of 2 large kalamansi
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Butter two 8 x 3 loaf pans (aluminum foil pans sold in stores); set aside.
- Aerate using low speed of electric mixer to blend well: cake flour, salt and baking powder; set aside.
- Whisk eggs until fluffy, then gradually beat in sugar.
- Continue beating until thick and lemon-colored.
- Fold in flour mixture.
- Slowly fold in melted butter, kalamansi juice and zest.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated 375 oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- When completely cooled, I brush top of baked cakes with melted butter and sprinkle sugar (taisan-like cakes).
NotesI usually double the recipe and freeze 2 loaves. So when I crave for my easy trifle dessert or toasted thick slices of kalamansi sponge cake 'ala mamon tostado', all i do is thaw, fix and enjoy!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More