- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (I use Swans Down)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 6 pcs large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter, cooled slightly
- 1 tablespoon kalamansi (native lemon) juice, about 2 large kalamansi or 1 sachet frozen-kalamansi juice, thawed
- grated zest of 2 large kalamansi
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Butter two 8 x 3 loaf pans (aluminum foil pans sold in stores); set aside.
- Aerate using low speed of electric mixer to blend well: cake flour, salt and baking powder; set aside.
- Whisk eggs until fluffy, then gradually beat in sugar.
- Continue beating until thick and lemon-colored.
- Fold in flour mixture.
- Slowly fold in melted butter, kalamansi juice and zest.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated 375 oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- When completely cooled, I brush top of baked cakes with melted butter and sprinkle sugar (taisan-like cakes).
NotesI usually double the recipe and freeze 2 loaves. So when I crave for my easy trifle dessert or toasted thick slices of kalamansi sponge cake 'ala mamon tostado', all i do is thaw, fix and enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More